To orient yourself to these tools, let’s get clear on what exactly they are.
Understanding Sacred Salts ::
Salt has been used in ancient ritual magick & ceremony across countless traditions worldwide for millennium. It’s a foundational mineral of the earth. It keeps us alive; exudes from our skin, similarly to how it naturally emerges from the skin (crust) of the earth. It’s a vital nutrient physically, & holds powerful potency for energy work as well.
Salt has been utilized as a cleansing & amplifying tool in a variety of spiritual cultures, including Pagan & Christian.
When used with intention, it can be extremely effective in helping to clear & purify internal & external energies. It can also be applied for various psychic protection techniques.
Here’s how this specific blend is designed to support you ::
The ReCall Formula ::
This particular blend is intended to help you ReCall your authentic, purified energy back to you. Oftentimes, we unconsciously “leave” parts of our energy in other places.
Perhaps you’ve had a conversation earlier, & even though it’s been hours, your mind is unintentionally still feeling a tether to that exchange & returning to it consistently. Or maybe we’ve spent too much time scrolling social media & our mind + energy body feels scattered.
Whatever it is, this formula of sacred salts is specifically consecrated to support you in calling back all of your clean, purified energy back to you, so you can feel whole onto yourself again. The ReCall Recipe includes ::
- Epsom Salt :: The two main ingredients of Epsom salt are magnesium & sulfate, which naturally help relaxation & detoxification. It’s known to help soothe skin & reduce muscle soreness.
- Dead Sea Salt :: Dead Sea salt is 10x saltier than any other sea salt, making it rich with high levels of calcium, magnesium, potassium & bromide. It’s naturally hydrating, detoxing, topically healing & soothing to muscles.
- Activated Charcoal :: This is what makes these salts a dark grey color. Charcoal has been used medicinally since the Egyptians. This ingredient supports the deep detoxification of any undesired energies or toxins that we’ve picked up. It’s additionally known to support the healing of skin inflammation.
- Rose Oil :: There are ancient lineages of magic & mystery connected to the Rose; this decadent flower represents the radiant strength of the divine feminine, guarded by impenetrable thorns. In this blend, the Rose adds a soft sweetness to additionally elevate your self-care experience.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil :: A powerful tree ally that aids in deep purification & advanced psychic protection.
- Cedar Powder :: Cedar is oftentimes referred to as a “Grandmother” tree, & it can offer a similar level of comfort, guidance & protection the way a loving crone would.
Extended ideas for how you can use these salts are detailed below, & this formula was mainly intended for external use in the shower or bath. Feel welcome to try this at home next time you have the opportunity to truly enjoy a self-care moment ::
1. Set the Atmosphere
Light candles; pour some tea. Take your time. Go slow & soft. Play soothing music. Ravish your senses. Start the tub or the shower. This is your sanctuary time.
2. Intention Setting
Do you have an intention? Perhaps you’re desiring to invoke more self-love, or self-regulate from a recently challenging experience or dynamic. Maybe you’re ready to clear the energy of a past partner. Maybe you have no intention beyond simply meeting yourself & the magic here in this moment. Whatever it is, take your time here, & journal if you feel inspired.
3. Connect with your Salts
Take your time to connect with the salts & each one of the ingredients. Experiment with feeling the energetic contribution of each one. Can you smell the rose? What does eucalyptus inspire within you today? How does the salt feel on your skin? Give yourself a yummy massage & soak it all in.
4. Voice a Powerful Decree
Spoken (or thought) decrees & declarations are immensely powerful for moving energy in a desired direction. Do not underestimate the power of your voice, especially when used with strength & confidence!
To align with the soul / energetic retrieval intention of this particular formula, here is a decree you can say out loud or think while rubbing the salts over your body. Remember to conjure your will-power & envision the energies shifting as you do so!
This is simply a template; adapt to however feels best & most authentic for you!
I am ___(full name)___ & with the power of my oversoul,
I hereby declare that any unwanted energies, distortions, or influences rooted in artificiality be cast away, dissolved, & destroyed from my field at this time.
i no longer consent to any energies, patterns, or mental loops that perpetuate unhelpful & unnecessary suffering – for myself & others.
i call back my true, most organic, & authentic energy to myself here & now. purified, clean, & clear.
My core essence is invincible, & I command by the power of my will that my authentic energy is now restoring back to its purest, most empowered state.
I am clear. I am sovereign. I am Magick. I am free.
5. Soak it all in
Literally– physically, emotionally, energetically. This ritual works to the extent that you consent & allow it to. So allow yourself to experiment & feel the depths of what is possible for you here. Enjoy!
More Ways to Use Your Salts
These are some starter ideas, but please feel welcome to get creative! ( Just remember: external use only )
Of Items ::
- Place a sacred item in a bowl of the salt to be cleansed & recharged. Just make sure that this item isn’t sensitive to oils. Bonus points if you let it charge under moonlight.
Ritual Magick ::
Give an Offering ::
As explained in depth in my upcoming training membership, Becoming Magick (coming September 2023), giving offerings to our spiritual guides & allies is foundational to a strong practice.
- Pour some of the salt into a bowl to use as an offering to ancestors, Mother Earth, allies, and/or your higher self.
- Rub yourself with the salts in the shower or bath. Take time to enjoy this self-care.
- Pour some in a small bowl and place outside your front door for protection. You can also place a bowl on your nightstand or spray over your pillow for nighttime protection.
- You can use this spray for any ritual magic purpose you have. In Western Ceremonial magick, a bowl of salt is a staple for any altar.